1.23.2013

La Joie De Vivre

I want to sit in a dark corner of a bar with my friends, a bottle of beer and a cigarette. I want to talk about nothing and everything. I want to argue about the philosophy of the world as if we will manage to answer the questions no one has ever managed to answer.

I want to have a night where I don't have to worry about the future. Where I don't have to worry if I'm doing enough at school. Where I don't have to worry whether I'm wasting 4 years of my life to end up back at the start, without a good job, no money and still in Malta.

I want to put on some make up, a nice shirt, nice perfume, and go out and drink some cheap wine.

I want to freeze the time for just a few hours. So that neither the past nor the future exists. So that for a few hours I can be just me.

I want a taste of la joie de vivre.

No comments:

Post a Comment