12.19.2012

Just smile and wave...


Sometimes, like in movies, you can see that people around you are growing up. They're becoming more like adults and are moving on with their lives.

But then you realise they're moving on without you. And while they walk away, you're stuck in a sand dune slowly being enveloped in the soft, warm particles of sand.

And as they turn their backs on me, there's this tiny jealous voice that yells out  "Hey that's not fair. I'm supposed to be the one to move on. I'm supposed to be the one who leaves people behind."

I have the big dreams and the big ideas but instead of helping me they seem to act as an anchor, making me sink down faster.

So they keep going, become tinier until I'm not sure it's a real image or a mirage. And I'm stuck in the middle of the desert, unable to move forward or backward. And the past is catching up with me as the future looks more distant. 

No comments:

Post a Comment