1.15.2014

Lumps in the carpet

We live on an island were its society is an expert of camouflage. They are amazing at hiding things. Throwing things under their carpet and pretending everything is peachy.

I’m pretty sure that the game of Happy Families was based on the typical Maltese family. I wonder if one of the things that mothers provide to their daughters as part of their dowry is a carpet. And how do they choose how big a carpet to get? Maybe they start a wedding with a small one and they buy bigger ones as secrets start to come out.

Her husband is cheating. It’s time to buy a new carpet, because their relationship is perfect. His wife is really into girls, who’s in for a carpet ride? After all if Xandru’s married and gay why can’t it work the other way round? Their daughter is pregnant, shotgun wedding it is, with a side of carpet shopping and maybe they’ll find a small one for the new born. They haven’t had a proper ‘family’ moment in years but they’ll join efforts to buy a carpet big enough to cover the elephant in the room.

Maybe I should start saving up for my carpet, maybe a fitted one for the whole house. That should be enough right?

1 comment:

  1. I guess we all try to hide our darkest secrets, I think it's a method of coping. The only drawback is that when you live in a small country, like Malta, it's difficult to keep things under your carpet without anyone finding them so somehow everyone knows about each other's lives.

    I think more people should read about this, sometimes it's ok to face your problems and trying to solve them out. Hiding things can only show how coward a person is, after all we are all humans and we all make mistakes!

    ReplyDelete