I quit my
old job because I was miserable in it. I figured even though a part time job
whilst in University will probably never be fully satisfying it shouldn't make you want to cry all the time. Besides I reckoned, I'm in University, I have
experience in retail and catering, how difficult finding a job will be
right? Wrong.
Firstly
it seems that being in University isn't as big an advantage as I thought, and
it actually might be a drawback.
Employers want you to be at their beck and call and having lectures and a life besides a job doesn't
allow that.
Also
there's this little thing about not owning a car. most jobs ask that you have transport so they won't have the responsibility of taking you home. Also so that you cannot have 'the bus was late' excuse. I am prone to think that this request increased when Arriva took over. Now I'm still taking lessons
but to buy a car I'm going to need a job. And to get a job it seems like I'm
going to need a car. So it seems I'm stuck in a never ending cycle.
And the
worst part of it all? When all I want is to drown in alcohol and forgot about
it, I'm too broke to buy booze.
I'll sign off with a gif from F.R.I.E.N.D.S. because everything you need to say, they say it better.
No comments:
Post a Comment